Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day food

We had our monthly family dinner today at my house and I tried out some new recipes as well as some tried-and-true favorites. And of course, I forgot to take a picture of anything.

I made a citrus marinade for chicken tenderloins and a flank steak that we grilled for fajitas and they had such a great flavor! I also made a black bean, corn, and tomato salad * that was delicious with a lime dressing on the top. I finally opened my food processor that has been sitting in my closet since my birthday and made my first salsa from scratch. I also made some guacamole, my latest food obsession. I think that I have made guacamole at least 5 times in the last few weeks and i'm pretty sure I could survive on just that. There really is no comparison between fresh and store-bought guac.

I also made Marta's limeade except without cucumbers. It's so refreshing and I probably drank way too much of it because I have a little sugar buzz.

Everything turned out so well, even though I was so tired and hungry that I kept forgetting what to do next. I think it's a good sign that we hardly have any leftovers.

* i did not use a bay leaf or jicama in the salad.

No comments: